free website stats program Trike conversion | Harley Davidson Forums

Trike conversion

godar

Hello to all. First time on site. Looking for opinions. Thinking of a trike conversion for my 2001 ultra classic, Champion sure seems good but for the money a Frankenstien conversion seems to be a good buy. My concern: does any type of conversion add any extra added stress to the frames. I have heard that Harley was having an issue with cracks in the frames when the tri glide was first introduced. Any opinions would be helpful. Thanks

I have no information on trike conversions but wanted to welcome you to the forum. Welcome form Central Fla.

Thanks for the welcome, located Green Bay WI area. Sad to say it is almost time to put it away for the winter.

Thanks for the welcome, located Green Bay WI area. Sad to say it is almost time to put it away for the winter.

I'm not sure what "put it away for the winter" means? :D

Hello and welcome to the forum.
If you intend to build the trike yourself, there are only a handful that you can buy and the rest require a dealer. When the replacement swingarm assembly is made it is more robust than the OEM.

There are a number to look at. CSC, MotorTrike, Roadsmith, the two you mentioned, Hannigan, DFT.

I'm taking my 2011 Road King to a trike dealer for a Hannigan conversion on Monday.

Please let me know how that reverse kit works by posting your opinion, pros and cons. Thinking of adding one to my heritage in the future.

somewhere I read about a product that has wheels that retract when riding and drop down when stopped. does anybody know anything about this product? getting older with replacement hip and degenerate disc my heritage is getting scary when coming to a stop and not sure I want a full trike kit. any sugestions are welcome.

Back