Votes: 45 3.6%
  • Bel Ray

Votes: 56 4.5%
  • Lucas

Votes: 33 2.6%
  • OTHER (Please specify)

Votes: 223 17.8%

• Total voters
I haven't been around this forum for very long. I live in the Panhandle of Florida. This is a some what rural area. I have read some oil polls from motor to gear box and an surpirsed by the large use of Amsoil. Not because it is bad but it just hasn't been seen much around this area. I have noticed that a lot of brands that could be used for motorcycles are diaappearing. For coating seats and rubber there is only Armor All left now. Motorcycle oils are put up in new department type stores and then never restocked. I used to use Golden Spectro tranny oil but it is none existent in this area. I know I can mail order it but oils like you have listed should be available here. Fossil

I usually change my transmission oil every other motor oil change. Today was transmission change day. At the start of spring I put in Harley's Formula primary transmission oil. Now I am changing a 100K plus never rebuilt 5 speed transmission. Today when I unscrewed the magnetic drain plug I found very little metal sticking to it. I wiped it off with my index and couldn't fill any thing. That is the least I have ever seen even with Spectro synthetic transmission oil. So I think since I got 100K off of using mostly Harley products I will stick with them. Fossil

I use Mopar Diff fluid 75-140- quite expensive if you were to purchase from a dealer but I work there and get it for free. I have an 06 street glide and it quieted the 4th gear whine substantially.

I've been using Syn 3. Based on the comments I would like to try the Spectro but it's not available locally. Guess I will try to locate some Mobil 1 75/90. Thanks for the good info.

Spectro Platinum Heavy Duty GL-1. Replaced the Syn3 that was in the bike when I bought it. Much smoother up shifting, not so much on the down shift.

Switched to Spectro 6-speed 75W140 GL-5 a couple of nights ago. Wow! Had Royal Purple 75W140 in it (all I could find until the Spectro came in), and the difference is apparent!

Thanx for the suggestion!

Now running:

AMSoil SAE 20W-50 Synthetic Motorcycle Oil (MCV) - engine
Spectro SAE 85W Heavy Duty Primary Chaincase Oil - primary
Spectro SAE 75W-140 Heavy Duty Platinum 6-speed Transmission Oil - transmission (SE 6-speed)

TQ

OK, here is some data for you folks that like that stuff. Just changed all the lubricants this past weekend. Transmission gear oil had 3,510 miles on it since the last change. Here is a picture of the plug straight out of the pan, and cleaned up. Very, very happy with this! This tranny still has less than 5k miles on it.

TQ

Attachments

• Transmission gear oil drain plug 2.JPG
    Transmission gear oil drain plug 2.JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 88
  • Transmission gear oil drain plug 1.JPG
    Transmission gear oil drain plug 1.JPG
    28.3 KB · Views: 73
  • Transmission gear oil drain plug-clean.JPG
    Transmission gear oil drain plug-clean.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 78
Would anyone know if Spectro 6 Speed trans oil 75/140 is available in the United Kingdom?

Back