free website stats program Tour Pak Installation | Harley Davidson Forums

Tour Pak Installation

Tourer

I have been using this form since I joined the Harley owner's last fall. It is a great site for sure. This is the first time that I have a problem that I haven't been able to find a solution for. I purchased the detachable chopped tour pak for my '08 Street Glide. After installing the brackets according to the directions the rack won't fit into the brackets without forcing them inward. I have tried different combinations of washers to see if I could make it work, but haven't had any luck. Have returned it back to the way the instructions have it now and before I take it back to the dealership for help I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem before? Thanks.

Yes, I had a similar problem with my tour pak, and my buddy had the same problem with a sissy bar. Seems you have to squeeze it on to the detachable hardware. I don't know how far you are off. But, after a few times of putting mine on, and off it seems to shape itself to fit. Maybe the dealer will have a quicker fix. Good Luck

Thanks rkc06. It is off about 1/8-1/16 of an inch on either side. Will see if it shapes itself over the next little while.

I have a 05 EGC and I put a detachable system on my tour pak so I could switch back and forth with a sissy bar and the first few times it was a real hassel but it got much better I guess it just has to find its own way.:bigsmiley23:

Back