free website stats program Touching Video | Harley Davidson Forums

Touching Video

Steve Di.

3000 vets on motorcycles from across the USA paraded in D.C. the Sunday before Memorial Day, while a solitary, saluting Marine greeted them out on Constitution Avenue. The Marine stood at attention and saluted for 3 straight hours, while the parade of roaring bikes kept on coming.... it is held in remembrance of those who've fallen in the military. The event was popular with former president George Bush as he used to meet these bikers before they paraded.

The camera focuses on the Marine; watch his struggles with his emotions, and his struggles with holding that salute. The way he salutes is very touching, his head lowered, his eyes down, in reverence for the fallen.

Click on the link below to see the video.

YouTube - Rolling Thunder 2010 - A Marine's Vigil>

Like to think I'm a tough old goat until something like this comes along and I find tears rolling down my face. That man deserves a couple of cold ones on us.

Like to think I'm a tough old goat until something like this comes along and I find tears rolling down my face. That man deserves a couple of cold ones on us.

Well 32 that makes two of us. This broke me down right quick. This marine is the standard of what the brotherhood of a soldier is about. It is not for all to admire him but for him to sacrifice himself for the fallen brothers and sisters. Marine I salute you!

I saw this last year in person. What an awe inspiring sight. God Bless our service men and women.

Anyone NOT touched by that one needs their head examined or perhaps relocate to another land.
As a Vet, my thanks go out to all the Veterans past, present and future who have or will serve that we may be free as we are today.

Thank you to all the service men and women...past, present and future. May we never take our freedom for granted.

I look forward to making that ride some day.

God bless.

Back