free website stats program To cover her up or not? | Harley Davidson Forums

To cover her up or not?

English Mike

I would be interested to know; my softail Heritage Classic resides in my insulated wooden garage, standing on carpet with small packets of the damp removing material strategically hung around to reduce moisture. Some days when I get in the car and look at her as I do most days, I note she has a fine dampy misty covering over the chrome and paintwork and on other days nothing.

Whilst I realise this is down to atmospheric pressure and relative humidity I have been tinkering with purchasing a pukka HD cover for interior storage; what is the feeling among my peers, do you, don't you and if you do what benefits and if you don' why not?:34:

Mike

I always cover all my bike with ACF 50 during our winter months here in little ole England.

Apply by cloth and keep away from your brake discs and pads.

Mike

That sounds like a problem for sure. Have you ever considered running a dehumidifier in the garage to dry out the air?

I think covering it up may not be the best way to go here but the ACF50 sounds promising for you that BaZa posted or the bubble that Hobbit posted.

I had the same problem in my garage Mike . I put a dehumidifier in the garage and havent seen the condensation since.

i have the HD oxygen tank for my heritage makes it feel all special and important and a little like michael jackson:bigsmiley20:
i ride wash blowdry and damp microfibre towl the bike and then put it in the bubble switch on the fan and voila filtered dry air constantly blowing over the bike

the sporty that gets ridden and occasionally washed mostly when i cannot tell what colour it is, then it get washed dryed and FS365'd never gets covered just ridden

Hobbit, I was thinking of getting the HD air-bubble, but like to keep the charger on just in case of any dry winter days. So not quite sure what to do here? May be worth laying the bike up and having theft insurance cover only and SORN the bike for 6-months (winters have been pretty not good up here) What do you use to blow dry the bike with, that's something else that I want to address. So would be interested to know.

Hobbit, I was thinking of getting the HD air-bubble, but like to keep the charger on just in case of any dry winter days. So not quite sure what to do here? May be worth laying the bike up and having theft insurance cover only and SORN the bike for 6-months (winters have been pretty not good up here) What do you use to blow dry the bike with, that's something else that I want to address. So would be interested to know.

Here a link to show some dryers.

Motorcycle Dryer - Compare Prices, Reviews and Buy at NexTag - Price - Review

Back