To cover her up or not?

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by English Mike, Feb 19, 2008.

1. English Mike

English Mike Active Member

I would be interested to know; my softail Heritage Classic resides in my insulated wooden garage, standing on carpet with small packets of the damp removing material strategically hung around to reduce moisture. Some days when I get in the car and look at her as I do most days, I note she has a fine dampy misty covering over the chrome and paintwork and on other days nothing.

Whilst I realise this is down to atmospheric pressure and relative humidity I have been tinkering with purchasing a pukka HD cover for interior storage; what is the feeling among my peers, do you, don't you and if you do what benefits and if you don' why not?:34:

Mike

2. BaZa

BaZa Member

I always cover all my bike with ACF 50 during our winter months here in little ole England.

Apply by cloth and keep away from your brake discs and pads.

3. glider

glider Veteran Member

Mike

That sounds like a problem for sure. Have you ever considered running a dehumidifier in the garage to dry out the air?

I think covering it up may not be the best way to go here but the ACF50 sounds promising for you that BaZa posted or the bubble that Hobbit posted.

4. Tigg

Tigg Junior Member

I had the same problem in my garage Mike . I put a dehumidifier in the garage and havent seen the condensation since.

5. David

David Active Member

Hobbit, I was thinking of getting the HD air-bubble, but like to keep the charger on just in case of any dry winter days. So not quite sure what to do here? May be worth laying the bike up and having theft insurance cover only and SORN the bike for 6-months (winters have been pretty not good up here) What do you use to blow dry the bike with, that's something else that I want to address. So would be interested to know.

6. Davidw2415

Davidw2415 Senior Member

Here a link to show some dryers.

Motorcycle Dryer - Compare Prices, Reviews and Buy at NexTag - Price - Review