Tires for Ultra Classic

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by 67wizard, Feb 25, 2011.

1. 67wizard

67wizard Junior Member

Has anybody tried the replacement tires for the 09 and 2010 UC ? The tires I'am talking about are the Dunlop American Elite HD replacement front tire.
    I have found them on the web for $121.99. The best deal I have found for the Dunlop D408F 130/8oB17 Slim white stripe -17" is around $163.76 free shipping. Just woundering how they hold up for wear milage wise? I hate to spend $163.00 when I can spend $122.00 plus I can get them from a non HD shop. Thanks.
  2. sanka

sanka Member

I have not tried the tires you have listed,But i did put the cobra venom 180 on the rear at 22,000 miles so far i still like the stock Dunlop ALOT better,this one looks like a sport bike tire,and i am almost ready at 3,000 miles to take it off and go back to the stock one.2010 ultra classic
  3. Ole Dawg

Ole Dawg Active Member

They are the same tire only in blackwall. I bought them as I don't need whitewall's to clean.For me it's a great saving, others would pay even more for the whitewall's because that's what they like. Just a matter of choice,quality,compounds & construction the same.:hii
  4. ChopperDoc

ChopperDoc Active Member

Just an opinion. Next tire change, try a set of Metzlers - Made the change and I will never run any other brand. I honestly believe my bikes ride and handle better. More bucks, but more bang.