free website stats program Tires for an '07 UC | Harley Davidson Forums

Tires for an '07 UC

Jim Burks

I am about to put new shoes on my '07 UC and I would like some input.I want to put the fattest tire that I can put on the rear.It has a MU85B16 MC77H on front and a MT90B16 MC72H on the rear.Are these what comes on it as original equipment?I ride solo most of the time.I would like to get everyones opinion as to brands,tread patterns and etc.Thanks in advance for the help and I hope everyone has a great New Year.

i would go with the mezeller 880 marithons dunlop gives me no mileage mezellers ride better corner better and last longer my 2 cents

Jim; Your tire sizes are backward, was it a typo? Should be MT90 front and MU85 rear. Yes, those are stock sizes. I just put a new rear on, I stayed with Dunlop D402. There's not a lot of narrow white walls with the load rating you need (if you want nww). Go to the Dunlop website and find your tires, and read the specs, especially the load rating. Then shop online and compare specs. Then make the decision of who you are going to buy from, local or online.

Yeah Breeze that was a typo,sorry.So far 2 out of 3 are recommending the Dunlops.nfusion likes the Mezellers but so far I havent found them in a whitewall.Most of the people that I ride with like the Dunlops too.I'll wait for a little more info before I make a decision.I appreciate that you guys are taking the time to give me some input.

Something to keep in mind is the brand/model of tire that might be needed while on a trip. Just in case you needed a replacement.

Dunlops are going to be available at the dealers while traveling.

I didn't like the "tracking" that came with the stock Dunlops on my '07 UC.

I replaced my stock Dunlops with Dunlop Elite 3. The wear has been good and I lost the tracking problem that came with the stock tires.

I've heard if there is a center groove on the tire, that causes the "tracking." Don't know if that is true but the E3's don't have the center groove.

I ran stock tires for over 100 ,000 k on my 01 ultra all kinds of weather and would not use any thing else they kept me upright and safe.

michellin just came out with a great tire for 2007 touring models it's called michellin commander super sticky and wears quite well have put 15000 miles on mine and still going strong

I've been reading good reports about the Dunlop Elite 3. Seems there's a lot of folks going that route.
Downside is, they only come in blackwall so, that may be an issue for you.
As for price.....you need to check what's current. It seems to fluctuate pretty good between all the on line sellers and sale prices can be a factor.

Thanks guys,I have it narrowed down to the stock 402's or the Elite 3's I like the mileage on the 402's but it does track on grooved surfaces and the Elites only come in blackwall so that are the issues with each tire. Seems like you have to give up something to gain something.The tracking or hunting that the 402 does is not that big of an issue,so I'm sort of leaning in that direction at least I know it wears well and I can get it in whitewall.Thanks for taking the time to give me your opinions.God Bless,Jim

mezeller just came out with a memo,stating that the 880 marithons,are not to be used on baggers,becaues of weight,and the tread on the tires are seperating in the middle,just like mine did, just by chance,i dropped a bolt,and looked under my bike,at the rear tire,and it was coming apart in four places,and i just got back from street viberations,and was pushing her hard coming back,it could of been bad,also would of messed up a 18" x 4.5" custome rim$$$$. so keep your eyes on those 880's, i went back to venom super x. softer compound,and of i can get 10.000 miles ill be happy,,BE SAFE.

Back