free website stats program Tire recommendations | Harley Davidson Forums

Tire recommendations

Factory Dunlops on my 2008 Electra Glide standard. 10,000 replaced rear and 17,000 on the front and still going strong.

Thanks, I'm new here and still have a little trouble getting around here.

Use the search box with key words and the self help section, We are all here to help and learn, Capital Jack:s

I happen to like the Dunlop Elite 3's. I got 14,000 out of my last rear tire running a MU90/B16. I have never got more than 9-10,000 before with others. They handle all types of pavement including grooved very well and handle rain very well too. Do an internet search on them and you will find people saying a lot of good things about them.

Randall

I have a 09 FLHR bought new for me and now 19500 miles on it. The stock wide tire and front tire are doing good enough Yet so I don't know how many more miles left on them but each time I look,,,,,,,Still Lots of safe rubber left..

I don't do a lot of Freeway and very seldom much over 60... I do ride 2 up about 1/4 of the miles and mostly on older two lanes but occasional freeway..

I never had a rear tire go so long as this one,,, Stock on harley...

I will replace them with the same tires and hopefully get the same Good mileage out of the New ones...

signed....BUBBIE

special PS: :D
HI Glider, I'm still here and not going any place soon that I know about...
Most of the postings are answered by "others" Before I get a chance to respond... Good Group of Newer members along with the older matured ones.. Haw haw..

My 08 Road Glide got 18500 on the first rear tire and a little over 16000 on the second and still had a little left. The second had a 6800 mile trip to the west coast and back, 2 up and pulling a trailer.

I got a Michelin Commander from Jake Wilson on sale and am running that now. It seems to be holding up good.

Man yall are amazing me with the wear yall are gettin on them rear tires any where from 13k to 19k. I got 26k on my bike and am on my 4th rear tire I can only get between 6k and if i run it till i got belt shown I might get close to 10k. Been runing dunlops the whole time.

Dave

Back