free website stats program Timing advance | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Timing advance

How did u make out i had a similar prob with mine , i pulled the exhaust and low and behold there was no gaskets in there ,, put in some crushable ones torqued it down and seems to have helped a bit know i have only the rear cylinder bluing my pipes , but i believe that the rear cylinder is cooled by timing .. Kepp us updated good luck

why doesn't anyone answer a question on these forums?? :small3d023: He asked which way to you turn the timing plate to advance the timing JEESH

looking at the timing plate:
CLOCKWISE - ADVANCE
COUNTERCLOCKWISE - RETARD

Advancing the timing can help a tired old engine make a little more compression and help raise the idle. you do need to be careful that you do not advance it too much as that can cause too much heat and then detonation (pinging) and all the terrible things that go along with it can occur.

why doesn't anyone answer a question on these forums?? :small3d023: He asked which way to you turn the timing plate to advance the timing JEESH

CLOCKWISE - ADVANCE

Advancing the timing can help a tired old engine make a little more compression and help raise the idle. you do need to be careful that you do not advance it too much as that can cause too much heat and then detonation (pinging) and all the terrible things that go along with it can occur.

I'd suggest you read the previous posts and maybe make your next post a little less critical of everyone here who are tremendously helpful. Walking into a room and degrading everyone already there isn't going to make you many friends.

CLOCKWISE - ADVANCE

It was answered the same as your reply in post #3 and followed by a lengthy and helpful discussion.

This thread is also 5 years old.

Back