Time for tire's

Discussion in 'Dyna Models' started by shortster58, Jun 29, 2013.

1. shortster58

shortster58 Member

ok so i just got the bike inspected today at friends shop said it was time for a rear tire. front was still good but if i'm going to replace one then i'll do both. had the dunlop 401 F&R but was thinking about running somthing differnet .. it a 2004 low rider any idear's ?????

2. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

What ever brand you choice be sure that the tires meet or exceed MFG load rating for best wear.................

3. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

4. blademan

blademan Active Member

5. STEVE07

STEVE07 Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderators

Why replace both?
    I find on my bikes that I go through two rear tires for every front. Most people I know have about the same wear history. Just replace the rear and save some $$$.

6. SledDog

SledDog Senior Member Staff Member Moderator

I have had the same results on my Dyna. 2 rears for every one 1 front. I run the stock HD Dunlops.

7. Spade5

Spade5 Active Member

I only have 11k miles and had to replace the rear on my Wide Glide. I really thought I would get more like 15k but I was on the line at 2/32.

I ride one up, no extra gear and rarely get over 70.

I have no beef with the Dunlop other than I thought I should get more miles out of it.

8. Joyflyin

Joyflyin Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator

When I had my deuce, I liked the Metzler 880's, but I seem to like the Dunlops on my road king.

9. HoustonTexan

HoustonTexan Member

I like the Michelins!

10. cortezc

cortezc Member

my experience much same...and i still think it should get 15k but it don't happen for me...:(