free website stats program Time for tire's | Harley Davidson Forums

Time for tire's

shortster58

ok so i just got the bike inspected today at friends shop said it was time for a rear tire. front was still good but if i'm going to replace one then i'll do both. had the dunlop 401 F&R but was thinking about running somthing differnet .. it a 2004 low rider any idear's ?????

What ever brand you choice be sure that the tires meet or exceed MFG load rating for best wear.................

Why replace both?
I find on my bikes that I go through two rear tires for every front. Most people I know have about the same wear history. Just replace the rear and save some $$$.

I have had the same results on my Dyna. 2 rears for every one 1 front. I run the stock HD Dunlops.

I only have 11k miles and had to replace the rear on my Wide Glide. I really thought I would get more like 15k but I was on the line at 2/32.

I ride one up, no extra gear and rarely get over 70.

I have no beef with the Dunlop other than I thought I should get more miles out of it.

When I had my deuce, I liked the Metzler 880's, but I seem to like the Dunlops on my road king.

I only have 11k miles and had to replace the rear on my Wide Glide. I really thought I would get more like 15k but I was on the line at 2/32.

I ride one up, no extra gear and rarely get over 70.

I have no beef with the Dunlop other than I thought I should get more miles out of it.

my experience much same...and i still think it should get 15k but it don't happen for me...:(

Back