free website stats program Thunder Max Auto Tune | Harley Davidson Forums

Thunder Max Auto Tune

I dont have the 50 i have the one for the throttle by wire .. does it work you bet ya

Seems to be pretty simple and easily installed. Price is pretty high though, at JP Cycles it is $899?

402-459_A.jpg

price might be high but ya never need it dyno'd when ya change something .. couple trips to dyno and your at cost of one

Is the "auto tune" something you can enable, collect data, allow re-mapping, then disable,,, or is the system always continuing to update and re-trim the fuel maps?.

Once you get the maps just the way you want them, can you disable the feature and just ride.?

I also love mine. It's on the RK SE 110 with cams & True Dual Rinehart’s. The auto feature allows you to ride after you set it up to the closest map. It will auto adjust for the temp, elevation, air cleaner (dirty restriction) timing, good or bad gas ect.. Anything that real time effects the way the wide ban 02 sensors read the exhaust. Why would you want to take that real time adjusting out of the bikes performance envelope? It can be disabled by simply unplugging it from the ECM that it's mated to. You will have to set the ECM to ride in open loop and not closed loop as the wide ban 02 sensors are not being used at that time. Buy it, not cheap, but the bike will run to its peak performance constantly. Oh buy the way if you make changes to the bike- different cams, pipes ect.. simply change the base map and ride it about 300 miles it’s dialed it self back in for that set up.:D

The Thunder Max autotune almost sounds too good to be true. Other than the price what are the other drawbacks? I have heard of some having problems with the spedo not working properly. Was this fixed?

Does the Thunder Max firmware select A/F ratio according to Map pressure (similar to Delphi & SEST) or is the A/F ratio on the Thunder Max selected by % of throttle position only.

Back