Throttle Problems and information

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by ultraclassic01, Jun 18, 2013.

1. ultraclassic01

ultraclassic01 Member Contributor

I took my bike to my local dealer 3 times for a tech to take it for a test ride because I was getting a hesitation between 60 and 70 mph. Every time the tech took it out for a ride he said that the bike had no problems. It ran fine!
    My last comment to the service person was I guess I will just have to wait till something breaks. Well this was going on for about a 1.5 years and at the beginning of the 2013 riding season I was getting a lot of hesitation at any speed and the check engine light finally came on.
    Took it to the dealer and they took it for a test ride and came back and said guess what???? You have a problem Huston!
    So if you are getting hesitation or the engine feels like it is pulling back and what I mean by that is: its kind of like passing a truck coming at you on the other side of a two lane road. Also you will not show any drop in rpm.
    The fix for the problem was a throttle position sensor assembly and a sensor, crankshaft P. It basically ran about $200 parts and labor and it did fix the problem and bike is running great. I also had the fuel filter replaced just to be on the safe side since it was never changed since I bought the bike for another $240.00. After 13 years the tech said it was not that bad but with all the crazy gas out there I felt it was time and it was in the shop anyways. Feels good riding a working bike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D
  2. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

Sometimes getting bike to act up at shop is the hardest thing. As you know you can not fix what is not broken..... Glad to hear its all corrected now..:)