free website stats program "Throttle Boss" | Harley Davidson Forums

"Throttle Boss"

Drew

I am looking for a "throttle boss" type contraption. I have cruise control on my flhrc, but there are times where I don't want to use it, but would still like to give my wrist a bit of a break. I have HD Aileron grips, is this my best option, or are there others that would be more highly recommended? Looks like Kuyakyn has a few other similar type products as well. Thanks

Kryakyn - Harley - Universal Throttle Boss

best
Drew

I took the clockspring out of my throttle body,stretched it to change the tension then re-installed so that if I don't want to use my cruise I can roll on the throttle just by placing the palm of my hand flat on top of the grip.The experts may tell you its not an accepted practice,but I really like an easy throttle and I found the spring to stiff for my liking:D

I've got a Crampbuster. Paid like, 10 bucks for it. I can take it off when I want which I like.

It was a good 10 bucks.

I ordered the "oversized" cramp buster in chrome... it's gotta be chrome if given the choice, doesn't it? :33:

thanks for the help. I remember test riding a used bike that had one of these on it, and even for the short 10 minute ride, I liked it.

best
Drew

I am looking for a "throttle boss" type contraption. I have cruise control on my flhrc, but there are times where I don't want to use it, but would still like to give my wrist a bit of a break. I have HD Aileron grips, is this my best option, or are there others that would be more highly recommended? Looks like Kuyakyn has a few other similar type products as well. Thanks

Kryakyn - Harley - Universal Throttle Boss

best
Drew

Drew, I tried the Kury universal TB, and found that it slipped a lot. The crampbuster you ordered seems to work much better.

I have the Kury ISO with the throttle boss and I love it. like you said, sometimes you don't want to use your cruise control. You won't be sorry.
P.S. I got mine online for $65.00 so shop around.
good luck.

Back