Things to do with a Gold Wing

Discussion in 'General OFF TOPIC' started by cedarbrook63, Jan 27, 2013.

1. cedarbrook63

cedarbrook63 Junior Member

Not sure if any of you would wish to convert your beautiful Electra Glides to this purpose :D
    That's asking a lot of the little bit of rubber in contact from the rear wheel!

Attached Files:

2. Slo-Ryd

Slo-Ryd Junior Member Contributor

Wow......and i thought I'd seen everything. I only have to ask........Why? :newsmile030:

3. BUBBIE

BUBBIE Well-Known Member

cedarbrook63,

Looking at the 3rd picture, Way back behind the first in the pict. , it shows another big white bike in the marked off section. Are there Two of these special made towers?

Please tell a little more about why and where and for who is using them?:newsmile093:

Should it not be the other way around?:bigsmiley33: the VW towing the bike?:newsmile011:

Interesting.

signed....BUBBIE

4. blademan

blademan Active Member

These pictures have been around for years. They are used in Japan as tow vehicles.

5. RibEye

RibEye Junior Member Contributor

In '75, as I was passing through LA, I broke a set of points on my '73 Sporty. I had just passed the HD dealer on the interstate. Somehow I called them. Next thing I knew, an FLH pulled up with a side-car, set up as a flat-car. We wheeled my scoot onto the sidecar and off we went. My mind is still blown, to this day. I thought that was too cool.

Enjoy,
    Rich P

6. cedarbrook63

cedarbrook63 Junior Member

Bubbie,

I don't know much about it either - a friend who knows I like bikes sent it to me as a curiosity, just did a google seach and came up with this:
    The two-wheeled TowTruck
    Motorbike Tow Vehicle - YouTube

Strange use of a bike. I've seen an article showing a Triumph Rocket (2.3 litre engine) towing a caravan. The only thing letting it down was the grip of the rear rubber as it had enough horsepower and torque. All just a bit silly though IMO - bikes just aren't for pulling things - I don't even like bike trailers but each to their own.

7. Kegger

Kegger Member

I read somewhere their used in like china where the roads are over ran with cars to make it faster to respond to broke down cars. Thought it was kinda cool.

8. trike lady

trike lady Junior Member

I wasn't sure what to expect when I read the title.
    Makes sense in countries where a large tow truck is impossible to use on narrow roads.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2013