free website stats program The TFI Install is Complete!! Part one of three . . . | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

The TFI Install is Complete!! Part one of three . . .

Next, I would put the slip-ons on. You will not need to re-tune. Last, I would do the air-box. For that you will need to re-tune, but she should obviously be able to breath and go better.

Good on ya,
Rich P

Next, I would put the slip-ons on. You will not need to re-tune. Last, I would do the air-box. For that you will need to re-tune, but she should obviously be able to breath and go better.

Good on ya,
Rich P

Rich,
I would think that the order shouldn't matter as the TFI (GEN 3.5 as I've come to find out) is already tuned for a Stage I set up. My understanding is thats an SE AC and Muffler . . . not sure of the exact configuration though. My thoughts are that since my muffler is a tunable SuperTrapp, I'd install the Screaming Eagle A/C first. Ride it a couple of miles to make sure that all is well; then install the SuperTrapp w/a dozen disks on each side. Run that for the weekend . . . It'll probably be a tad bit on the rich side . . . but not by much. I can either add disks or (since its a GEN 3.5 TFI) pull fuel as needed . . . I'm still learning about this stuff . . . for sure!
Why do you think the AC should go on last? Perhaps I can test it for a lean run (decel pops, pings, and too much heat?) and adjust the TFI for the AC. Then add the pipes (8 disks on each side is supposed to approximate a stock pipe) . . . perhaps starting with a dozen . . . or ten?
I guess the combinations and approaches are endless . . .

Mark - Thanks!:newsmile026:

If you put on the pipes 1st, generally, it will only improve breathing a tad. Generally, you don't have to retune your fuel. AC has greatest affect on breathing. Fuel tuning guaranteed. Just counselling toward one less tuning step. That's all. You can do it in any order you wish. IF already set to a starting point for Stage-1, AC 1st should be OK.

Enjoy,
Rich P

Rich,
I would think that the order shouldn't matter as the TFI (GEN 3.5 as I've come to find out) is already tuned for a Stage I set up. My understanding is thats an SE AC and Muffler . . . not sure of the exact configuration though. My thoughts are that since my muffler is a tunable SuperTrapp, I'd install the Screaming Eagle A/C first. Ride it a couple of miles to make sure that all is well; then install the SuperTrapp w/a dozen disks on each side. Run that for the weekend . . . It'll probably be a tad bit on the rich side . . . but not by much. I can either add disks or (since its a GEN 3.5 TFI) pull fuel as needed . . . I'm still learning about this stuff . . . for sure!
Why do you think the AC should go on last? Perhaps I can test it for a lean run (decel pops, pings, and too much heat?) and adjust the TFI for the AC. Then add the pipes (8 disks on each side is supposed to approximate a stock pipe) . . . perhaps starting with a dozen . . . or ten?
I guess the combinations and approaches are endless . . .

Wasn't the band named Supertramp? I grew up in that era and saw the lead singer perform it solo. Good work with the TFI. Great bang for the dollars.

Sanec. I stand corrected. I really thought it was Yes who did that song, but I just looked it up and it is. supertramp!!!!!!
Hmm . . . I wasn't going to say anything . . . figured you'd find out eventually! Haha! I bet you were thinking of 'Long Distance Runaround' . . . a Yes classic . . . a unique bass setup with Sun Coliseums (solid state) and Marhall Guitar Stacks . . . at least I think thats what it was . . .

Last edited by a moderator:
Wasn't the band named Supertramp? I grew up in that era and saw the lead singer perform it solo. Good work with the TFI. Great bang for the dollars.
Great musicians . . . I was not fortunate enough to see them live . . .

Actually that isn't What I was thinking I just totally thought Yes did that song. Now it's. Bugging me as to which song I'm thinking about. Lol

Back