free website stats program The Season Has Started & Not Good | Harley Davidson Forums

The Season Has Started & Not Good

joel

As of yesterday there have been 10 fatalities with 1 happening yesterday in a different area of town but while ABATE was sponsoring the awareness rides.
From what I have read most involved the sports bikes and erratic behavior with high speeds.
I personally wait until we've had some good heavy rains to wash away the deicer before I start my riding for the year, when I was younger, February to late October was normal, but my excuse now is that I have new lifters to install that I got about 3 months ago, even though I know many of these deaths are related to riders carelessness, this year I think I'll give drivers more time to relearn motorcycle cycle season is here, and it's raining here again.

As of yesterday there have been 10 fatalities with 1 happening yesterday in a different area of town but while ABATE was sponsoring the awareness rides.
From what I have read most involved the sports bikes and erratic behavior with high speeds.
I personally wait until we've had some good heavy rains to wash away the deicer before I start my riding for the year, when I was younger, February to late October was normal, but my excuse now is that I have new lifters to install that I got about 3 months ago, even though I know many of these deaths are related to riders carelessness, this year I think I'll give drivers more time to relearn motorcycle cycle season is here, and it's raining here again.

Good excuse, just be careful out there!

So many people don't consider how distracted drivers are these days...I see people doing all kinds of stupid things at 70+mph, I don't like being near them in my Tahoe, let alone a bike. :O Stay safe!

To me, some of it is what I call "Self Correcting Situations". Those youngins that think they're invincible on the crotch rockets find out the hard way they aren't. Sadly, some die and someone's parents suffer. Then all motorcyclists suffer from the negativity and bad press by getting lumped into the "bad motorcycle" thought process. Never ending.

So many people don’t consider this please ride safe. Just be careful nothing is more precious than your life, and remember that you have family also.

Back