The New sportster Sport Glide XL1200SG

Discussion in 'Sportster Models' started by balduc-2, Oct 12, 2009.

1. balduc-2

balduc-2 Member

I am looking to see what you all think of what I call the Harley Sport Glide
    XL1200SG coming out for 2011 - well just kidding.

A radio maybe added in the near future, as well as hard bags.

keep the rubber side down

Attached Files:

2. BUBBIE

BUBBIE Well-Known Member

Did you buy your GOOD LOOKS for your 1200 from a book or is it home schooled

quite different from what I've seen.. I LIKE it.....

Maybe HD WILL come out with it just the way you have it for a SPORTY-GLIDE line-up model in 2011...

signed....BUBBIE

3. balduc-2

balduc-2 Member

The looks are all home schooled.

Purchasing a bagger at this time is out of the question... so I figured I would make my own. I purchased the outer fairing from a swap-meet, and finally finished up the installation on Sunday. I know Hoppe and Corbin both make fairings for the sportster, but they are triple the cost of what I have in this piece.

Glad you enjoy. I still need to color match it, but that does not affect form and function.

I was thinking of installing full dresser hard bags. Any comments or concerns I should be worried about?

4. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

Take a look in the Sportster section on the main page...then check out the "Post a Pix of Your Sporty" thread, in particular look a MZBlings' Sportster/Bagger...hard bag setup with a bit of *Bling* as well.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
    Chewngum likes this.
  5. FLHXTom29715

FLHXTom29715 Active Member

Nice job, I really like the profile view of the bike.

6. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Nice bike

7. trd865

trd865 Member

Very nice I would like to do the same thing to my 03 Sportster

8. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

Wow - good job on the fairing. If I would've know this I might've kept/converted my 05 XL1200C.

9. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

NICE look! Hard bags will really look good. I think Newhd74 is right on with the hard sportster bags. The FLH bags might look a bit bulky on it. Whatever you choose, post pics.

10. trd865

trd865 Member

I just got sportster hard bags for 50.00, all they needed was a good sanding and new paint which I have done. All I need is the fairing to complete the look