free website stats program The new sportster 48............. | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

The new sportster 48.............

I like the look. I myself would add black pipes, bars and maybe in a black denim paint. It would be a good around town new rat rod looking little scoot.:D

Then I realized that they have to let the owners do a little personalization, that is a given.

I like it 'cept one thing, why is it so hard to make a 3 gallon tank look like the 2.1, just fill in the tunnel area and make the ride last a bit longer...JMO!

The bike is beautiful, perfect for city riding.
It's a solo bike, hardly upgradeable to two (IMO) and if possible, ugly looking.
Maybe it's a too extreme niche product: hope HD made a right move.

Ciao
Ugo

I've always liked the Sportster, and the 48 is pretty sharp, but at 6'5", I'd look like a circus clown riding one.

Shaker...know the feeling:, I am six foot tall and got up to 326lbs, but now weigh about 200lbs. At 326 I mounted an 883 sporty and was told that I looked like a "monkey on a coconut".:rofl

I actually sat on one today at the motorcycle show in NYC.....feels real nice. I'm only 5'9 and was flatfooted....very comfortable. Not sure about the under handlebar mirrors though

Right about it looking like the nightster and its low like one....Which is too low for me. I drag the kickstand on a nightster every time I turn. Thats why mine went away for an XR1200 Really like that front tire tho!! Makes me want to do it to my 883/1200. R

Now on a Sporters, I think a teenie-weenie Peanut Tank is cool. Gives the machine a very cool, nifty distinction. Many an original peanut tank has been ripped from Sporters and repaced.

Back