free website stats program the new 103 engine | Harley Davidson Forums

the new 103 engine

nfusion

i have a new 2012 street glide with the 103 in it and was wondering if anyone had noticed they seem to crank over a bit harder than the 96 cub. or is it just mine it noticable on the starter when starting the engine thanks

i have a new 2012 street glide with the 103 in it and was wondering if anyone had noticed they seem to crank over a bit harder than the 96 cub. or is it just mine it noticable on the starter when starting the engine thanks

YEP, Harder to Crank Over = more compression...

103 has the same piston bore size as the 95" earlier TC's.

The 96" and 103" bore is the same as the 88" and 95", The Stroke is 3/8" or .375 longer than the TC 4" stroke. The piston wrist-pin holes are moved up on the New stroked TC's. (not a great way to Stroke an engine)

You question about the 103 is that it has More Compression using the same early close of the intake valve IF stock cam (30*) is used and even MORE Compression if the se255 cams is used (25*).

Do you know what cams you have in that Stock factory 103?

Yes, the 103's Will have more compression/more cu.inches.
That Does make it harder for it to turn over than the 96" stock bike.

When i go 103 on my 2009 King 96", I will port n flow heads then have Manual PRValves installed so it will not wear as hard on the starter.:s

signed....BUBBIE

YEP, Harder to Crank Over = more compression...

103 has the same piston bore size as the 95" earlier TC's.

The 96" and 103" bore is the same as the 88" and 95", The Stroke is 3/8" or .375 longer than the TC 4" stroke. The piston wrist-pin holes are moved up on the New stroked TC's. (not a great way to Stroke an engine)

You question about the 103 is that it has More Compression using the same early close of the intake valve IF stock cam (30*) is used and even MORE Compression if the se255 cams is used (25*).

Do you know what cams you have in that Stock factory 103?

Yes, the 103's Will have more compression/more cu.inches.
That Does make it harder for it to turn over than the 96" stock bike.

When i go 103 on my 2009 King 96", I will port n flow heads then have Manual PRValves installed so it will not wear as hard on the starter.:s

signed....BUBBIE

Bubbie,

The year and model 103 should have the Automatic Compression Releases from the factory. I find my 2012 103 turns over easier than my 08 Heritage with the 96" did.

Might want to check the operation of the ACR's.

The cams in the stock 96 are the same as the stock 103.

I think it is the CVO bikes, 103 that have the SE255 cams out the factory door. I really don't know for sure, Just tossing that out to Hear back "IF"...:D

Even I have Questions...:newsmile063:

signed....BUBBIE

Me thinks the CVO's come with the 110" but not sure which cam is stock in those and to tired to look it up :D

Me thinks the CVO's come with the 110" but not sure which cam is stock in those and to tired to look it up :D

MAN, Times and Harleys are Changing and Leaving Me WAY Behind.

OH Well, there are still some OLDER ones I know about.:tounge

signed....BUBBIE

MAN, Times and Harleys are Changing and Leaving Me WAY Behind.

OH Well, there are still some OLDER ones I know about.:tounge

signed....BUBBIE

You know more than most and when its time for my cam upgrade you can bet I will be picking yours and R.Bingham's brains before making the jump :s

Yeah, it is the 110" in the new CVO bikes so they most likely have a different cam.
Have to check the parts counter.

Back