free website stats program The Long Haul | Harley Davidson Forums

The Long Haul

Halojm

I recently road cross country with a friend of mine, both of us riding Dyna's. Starting in NC, up to PA across all the northern states to SD (yes Sturgis was one of our stops) down through OK and TX into LA and back up to NC. We rode 5200 miles in 12 days. When we got back to work, guy were amazed we did that on Dyna's. With the normal questions "did your (EDIT) hurt" of course it did. As I laughed at my Boss who owns a beautiful 2004 Road King with only 4200 miles on it, that I have seen once in the past 2 years. My 2010 FXD I am proud to say has 12,300 miles on it. I bought it to ride, not as a garage ornament. No question here at all. Just wanted to share my thoughts.

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a great ride. Can we assume pixs will follow?

Looks like you and your buddy did a great packing job. Thanks for the pixs.

I have an "old" ('92) Dyna, and a newer ('07) Electra Glide. I've ridden the Dyna from central Florida to upstate N.Y./Canada. In my opinion, the biggest difference is the Electra is more plush. The Dyna is just as smooth on the road, just not as refined (can't find the right adjective). I still take the Dyna on long day trips, but defer to the Electra when over nighting. I am so fortunate to have them both. :bigsmiley24:

Last edited:
Glad you had a great trip.I pack my FXDB the same way using Kuryakins dresser bag and custom roll bag-most excellent items of kit.
I have the solo spring seat so minimal accommodation for that part where my brain is kept.
I don't miss my E-glide-superb machine- as breeze said its great to have both but I found myself on the Dyna more then the glide.
So now I just have the Sbob.
Whatever chassis your motor is in nuthin is like a harley.
My favourite pastime-perusing maps with a harley in the garage.
Wishin ya more good trips for the future.

Back