free website stats program Tfi? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Tfi?

When you disconnect the tank & prop - be careful of the bars & other things hitting top of tank. Of course you don't have to worry about a fairing, but don't want to ding the tank. Once I got the tank loose - laid beach towel over top & propped underneath w/2x4 wrapped w/micro-cloth. This gave enough room to at least get my hands into the FI connectors. Then I placed TFI in side panel (where ABS normally sits) & worked the wires along frame & connected to FI harnesses. Then I pulled back slack & tie-wrapped to various points along the frame - leaving a nice tidy loop near TFI box. Note: I had my exhaust ceramic coated & plugged O2 ports w/NAPA plugs (see gliders post on part#). This way I could totally disconnect O2 sensor wires & tie-wrap away. Then it was pretty much putting everything back in place & tuning. Now you'll get a GEN3 TFI which should pretty much be tuned for your scoot. Call Dobeck b/c there shouldn't be any need for timing light...have fun wrenching away & enjoy the performance.

Thanks Iceman, i appreciate your help and tips

did it last week .dont need timing light .dont have to undo the map ,tell dobeck what u have , it comes preset .plug and ride . i pulled my tank off for more room, only 15 miutes more. and then i cleaned my heads with the extra room while tank was off. whole thing 3 hours easy . the tech service there is great called them 3 times never a problem , talks u thru any thing u ask them with dicount from here 225 tax and shipping . have it in 3 days . if in service u get bigger discount

I agree with Waynebow - take the extra time and remove the fuel tank. Much easier to work without the fear of constantly scraping your knuckles. Much easier to route the wires cleanly to where ever you mount the controller. Gives you a good opportunity to clean in some places that never get cleaned.

I agree with Waynebow - take the extra time and remove the fuel tank. Much easier to work without the fear of constantly scraping your knuckles. Much easier to route the wires cleanly to where ever you mount the controller. Gives you a good opportunity to clean in some places that never get cleaned.

Great advice Doc, thanks
I really hate to scratch the paint, for only having it a week !!

Some really great posts going on in this thread and all the information is correct and very helpful.

To clarify, as it seems a couple giving the correct answer were unsure, the TFI can be applied to a bike with or without a stage 1 download. What changes is the recommended settings to run with your configuration. The stage 1 download does richen up your fuel curve, but not enough in areas to give you your entire performance gain.

Installation can be all about personal preference and how you like to work in small areas. Removing the fuel tank may be an extra step, but for sure can make things so much easier.

Do yourself a favor and completely remove your tank. I had never done it before but was surprised how easy it really is. Then all of the wires can be neatly tucked and tied out of the way and you can easily hook it all up.

In my opinion everyone should know how to remove the tank as it is necessary in a lot of circumstances.

If I can do it......

Back