Tfi

Discussion in 'Dyna Models' started by lowrider1963, Jul 9, 2010.

1. lowrider1963

lowrider1963 Active Member

I am going to be putting on a Stage 1 when I hit 1,000 miles and go in for my service. I have read several people say they installed a TFI, is it really necessary, and what will it do?

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What Steve said! :lolrolling

3. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

+ you'll save $$$ on having to take your bike into HD for ECM updates everytime you add performance items to the engine. After about 2-3 trips you have your money back...and don't lose the bike for a day while it's in the shop.

4. fisherman124

fisherman124 Active Member

is it worth putting on an older bike 2000 ?????

5. glider

glider Veteran Member

No not really unless you are happy with it running poorly :s

The TFI can improve the running even on a totally stock bike.

6. ballpeen

ballpeen Active Member

I was one of those guys who was totally confused when it came to fuel management, and I believe it was my first post here asking for help, just like you, I was directed to the TFI by Glider, so I installed one, IT IS THE BEST mod. Ive done to the bike, you will not be sorry, your being guided by the best here, these guys will not mislead you... :) Ride Safe Tim

7. lowrider1963

lowrider1963 Active Member

Time
    Was the TFI easy to install, or should I just have the dealer install wne I have them install my Stage 1 upgrade?

8. fisherman124

fisherman124 Active Member

my 2000 runs good to me but. iam comparing it to my 80 shovel.the tfi would give me more power and cooler running without doing the whole stage one thing. i have stock air claener i think ane screaming eagle slip ons. stock the way it came from police auction.only rode shovels and now my rg only 1500
    miles so far.new experience

9. glider

glider Veteran Member

Why not do it all yourself. That's the beauty of the TFI, anyone can install it and tune it. Many on the forum have done it with no previous experience. If you can walk and chew gum at the same time, then you can do it. Tools you need are bare minimum common hand tools.

Do a search for TFI on the forum and you'll see many have used it and installed it themselves.

10. 173ABN

173ABN Active Member

I have trouble chewing gum and walking and even I did it.