free website stats program tappet screen | Harley Davidson Forums

tappet screen

carz

Any ideas where the tappet screen on my 89 fxsts would be i have a feeling either thats clogged or something else is cause i checked my oil pan and the oil was almost spilling out.. so i drained the oil and only about 2 1/2 qts came out???? so im guessing th return is working but theres either a cloged screen or a clogged hose..

Any ideas where the tappet screen on my 89 fxsts would be i have a feeling either thats clogged or something else is cause i checked my oil pan and the oil was almost spilling out.. so i drained the oil and only about 2 1/2 qts came out???? so im guessing th return is working but theres either a cloged screen or a clogged hose..

how much oil should you have in it? I have a 87 FXRC and about 2 1/2 is all it needs.

Qsuick question guys, with cars a while ago we used to put a cup or pint of karoseen in with some regular oil and run it for a min or so then drain the oil and put fresh in. to remove the sludge and from my passed exp with cars that worked really well , cleaned it out and bam problem solved... any one ever hearded of this or done this with a bike??

Ok well i had an 85 kawasaki ltd 700 and put the marval in the oil and the gas and i had nothing but problems... any differance between the two?? does anyone know anything about sea foam??? IS IT SAFE WHATS THE PROCEDUARE??

:newsmile082:

Back