free website stats program Tall FLHX Riders | Harley Davidson Forums

Tall FLHX Riders

escorial

I have been thinking about getting a 08 or 09 Street Glide and was wondering how the taller riders like the bike? I' 6'02 32" inseam and weigh 270lbs.

TIA

I've been considering it myself. I too am 6'2". Anyways, I sat on many and each time it feels funny. For one I think the handlebars need to be changed because they're too low. And for me, the fairing will take some getting used too. However, all the bells and whistles kinda make up for it all. It's winter time :newsmile08: so I'll probably spend a few weekends at the Harley dealer sitting on a few more.

I was looking at the HD Accessories online and it looks like they do not even make a set of bars for the ABS model? Does anyonw know for sure?

I've been considering it myself. I too am 6'2". Anyways, I sat on many and each time it feels funny. For one I think the handlebars need to be changed because they're too low. And for me, the fairing will take some getting used too. However, all the bells and whistles kinda make up for it all. It's winter time :newsmile08: so I'll probably spend a few weekends at the Harley dealer sitting on a few more.

I'm 6'-3", 250 lbs and I had the same concerns when I first started looking at the street glides. My normal ride is an 07 Big Dog Chopper so going to the 09 Street Glide was kind of strange. It didnt take long to get accustomed to the bike. I do feel like my knees are high up in the air. In fact, they are at tank level. First thing I did, was ditch the heel shifter. Harley makes a piece to cover the end shaft when you do that. Changed the seat. I didnt have a problem with it, but my wife cursed the day it was born. lol. I found that highway pegs worked good for stretching out once you get out of town. It would be really good if you could lower the footboards at least 2 inches. The footboards where what took me to longest to get used to. They are alot different from the pegs on my chopper. Long story short, it wont take long at all to really get into the groove with the street glide. I love mine.... but I still drive my chopper a whole lot.

I'm 6'2", 33" inseam 225 lbs. I'm also 57, which has something to do with why I like the Street Glide. I love these bikes, I had always owned chopper-style bikes, bought an 07 SG, and traded it in for an 09 SG, which is the sweetest bike I've ever had out of 11. If you're coming from something that isn't a bagger, didn't have footboards, it is a change, but I'll NEVER go back.
Here are some links that have a lot of info specific to 09 SGs, or do a search on them on this forum. Tons of info, great people.
http://www.hdtimeline.com/touring_models/8618-2009_street_glide_mods_completed_rtr.html
http://www.hdtimeline.com/touring_models/6371-2009_street_glide_improvements_over_2008_a.html
http://www.hdtimeline.com/touring_models/9075-test_rode_09_street_glide-2.html

Escorial: ...sooner or later, the MoCo or others will come up with some other handle bars, hydraulic lines, wires, etc. to make it work. It almost never fails; I wouldn't mind moving them up an inch or two and back the same amount myself. I have to say though, at almost 2,000 miles, I really love to ride this bike.

Luck,
Bone

Back