free website stats program Taking the wife along on trips. | Harley Davidson Forums

Taking the wife along on trips.

Is it just me or does anyone else's wife love to tell you things while your riding that you really don't care to hear on your very exspensive harley. My favorite one of all is..." I haven't shopped there yet." I wear earplugs when I ride but it's only good for the wind. All joking aside i wouldn't change a thing.:newsmile093:

No long rides for my wife, but she does love the shorter ones. If she wants to shop I drop her off and she lets me know when I should be back. Then I'm gone!

My wife and I are out on a 5,000 mile loop. We use the intercom soi do know what it is like to have a little voice in my head.

I consider myself to be very fortunate. My wife isn't a big shopper, and isn't much for talking while on the bike. She'll occasionally point out something interesting, but usually what I get is "time for a pee break", or "my butt is killing me". I've learned when she's ready for a break because she starts squirming around on the seat. She's learned not to do it if we're making turns.

We ride with another couple and I can't tell you how many times we've stopped so that she can buy something, and then have it shipped home.

Another "bike h8ter" wife here...she doesn't go near, nor cares to. Now my soon-to-be 14-yr-old daughter is a full throttle chatterbox & she's real hard to hear over my Bub-7's...:s

At least I don't get into trouble when I keep going when I hear "GARAGE SALE" in my ear when we are out touring on the bike. Gotta love it!

My wife comes along a lot and has learned that my hearing is not so good anymore so does not try talking too much. But the thing to keep in mind is that your (the rider) have a lot happening to keep your attention. She (the passenger) has very little to do but sit in a very confined position. Her attention is not on the bike or the road, its on what interests her.

At least I don't get into trouble when I keep going when I hear "GARAGE SALE" in my ear when we are out touring on the bike. Gotta love it!

If this is the post about "Talking Wife on trips..." I have to say that my ears have to be in tune when she says "--GARAGE SALE...make a left" and I am in the right lane...and respond properly! :swoon

You do not want to get into a discussion about guys not listening to gals...you do the math and just go with it!!! LOL :small3d014:

Sometimes my wife whether on the bike or in the car would gasp with excitement and so naturally my self defense radar goes into overdrive thinking the worst is going to happen but only to find out it's a new thrift store she never seen before or something she thinks is pretty. Get's my blood boiling everytime.

Back