free website stats program Tail light blowing bulbs every hour | Harley Davidson Forums

Tail light blowing bulbs every hour

biker_1450

Hello Riders!...I am still new here so bare with me....I have a 01 FXDWG. I have ran into a nightmare with this issue...HELP!....I am replacing these 1157 tail light bulbs every 25 miles or so. Every else is fine...(headlight, blinkers, so on). Here is what i have done. I have checked the wires under the rear fender. I have cleaned the socket base. Checked for bad connection in the board on the tail lamp area. I am getting around 13.24 V off my battery at idle and around 14.26 at around 2000 RPMs. The bulbs are almost exploding. Two of them did and just had debree in the lamp housing. But once again I can install a new one and all is fine for a few miles or a hour of riding and POOF....Thanks in advance!

Hello Riders!...I am still new here so bare with me....I have a 01 FXDWG. I have ran into a nightmare with this issue...HELP!....I am replacing these 1157 tail light bulbs every 25 miles or so. Every else is fine...(headlight, blinkers, so on). Here is what i have done. I have checked the wires under the rear fender. I have cleaned the socket base. Checked for bad connection in the board on the tail lamp area. I am getting around 13.24 V off my battery at idle and around 14.26 at around 2000 RPMs. The bulbs are almost exploding. Two of them did and just had debree in the lamp housing. But once again I can install a new one and all is fine for a few miles or a hour of riding and POOF....Thanks in advance!

Wow! Check the voltage in any of your other light sockets. Are they that high too?.

TQ

May be the bulb itself. If you have a dealer that is pinching pennies they use a standard 1157 instead of a heavy duty bulb that the bikes should be using. This could be your problem from the vibration in the bike.

Back