free website stats program Tachometer light question | Harley Davidson Forums

Tachometer light question

terlou

HI
New to this forum and to Harleys. I recently purchased a 1995 Harley 883 Sportster with a speedometer only. Just replaced the speedometer with a combo speedo/tach bought on EBAY for a 95 sportster. Works fine. My question is this. The tachometer on the new speedo/tach combo has an indicator light on the lower (6 o'clock) position of the gauge. The word ENGINE is printed directly below this light indicator. WHAT IS THIS INDICATOR LIGHT FOR AND WHEN DOES IT COME ON?

THANKS!!!!

Not being familiar with what other indicator lights are on your 95 model from the factory and whether the replacement is factory or aftermarket, 2 things come to mind.

1. Low Oil Pressure Indicator
2. Shift Indicator

No doubt someone more familiar with the year and model will chime in shortly. Welcome to the forum, glad to have you aboard!

HI
New to this forum and to Harleys. I recently purchased a 1995 Harley 883 Sportster with a speedometer only. Just replaced the speedometer with a combo speedo/tach bought on EBAY for a 95 sportster. Works fine. My question is this. The tachometer on the new speedo/tach combo has an indicator light on the lower (6 o'clock) position of the gauge. The word ENGINE is printed directly below this light indicator. WHAT IS THIS INDICATOR LIGHT FOR AND WHEN DOES IT COME ON?

THANKS!!!!

That would be a check engine light like on your car, it will come on if your bike was wired for it when you have a stored diagnostic code

Back