free website stats program Tach, work's, don't work, work, don't work...? | Harley Davidson Forums

Tach, work's, don't work, work, don't work...?

Checking power sources are 1st step. Then if bike is modified tracing out circuits is next. Is this concern just starting or has it started after latest mod?

Easiest thing to do is trace the circuits. I like to use a multimeter on continuity, and trace them out that way. While it's on continuity, wiggle the wires around and see what occurs. If you lose continuity, then there's a break.

Make sure to test for voltage before doing continuity, or you'll pop the fuse on the meter.

The tach reading is a pulsed reading from the coil.

Checking power sources are 1st step. Then if bike is modified tracing out circuits is next. Is this concern just starting or has it started after latest mod?
It has acted this way ever since I got the Bike...I'll play with it & let you know...I Hopefully will be getting another Dash, one that has the FUEL Guage in it!:)

Sounds like a union labor contract issue!! Lean toward power,(on , off ,on . off). The plug may have a wear fit, plugged ,but intermitting power. vibration on and off. Ground wire , also.. Wire harnesses can move , over time....

Well, I just bought a Tach from CL & the guy had it on his Bike & guarentee's that it work's Great! I'll let ya know when I hook it up...Now I'll have a FUEL Guage too!:tounge

Back