free website stats program tach on a 07 roadking | Harley Davidson Forums

tach on a 07 roadking

workinman

I would like some advice again about a tach for my 07 road king . I wont a tach and need some suggestions , I have went to the hd dealer and looked at a few replacement tachs , I have seen a tach that mounted between the handle bars and it looked like a good install , not sure who made the install . If it was water proof and a quality unit . I wont a tach and although many riders don't wont one and I respect there views, I do . I wont to be able to read the tack an I don't care for digital units . I did see one in the hd shop that had an analog tach and a digital odometer which I guess would work but I prefer to just add a nice tach between the handle bars and have a clean install . Thanks for your advice Jim

I asked and it must not be a popular thing to have a tach for a 07 road king. There are several units out there for me I wonted one that I could read. There are the replacement units from HD . At any rate the one I choose is one for a 02 road king police . It has 3 wires pink black and orange. The two wires can be connected in the head light nacelle switched positive and ground. The pink is signal to the computer. The later road king tack is different . If I were going to give advice on getting one go to ebay and buy one including the harness and bracket . Its a large diameter tach. Thanks for looking Jim

Bikesag has you covered. This is the same unit I installed on my 06 RKC, worked great and I loved having a tach. Take it in to your local HD dealership and they canset the miles for youl. This one is plug and play, no splicing wires.

yes that Is a great tach. I really like it a lot better than the one hd sells that the tach is the size of a golf ball . I started to buy one like that sure is nice . Jim

Seems the big one that mounts separately on the handlebar clamp cover. Like the cop bikes had. It would get in the way of a windshield bag. Looks to me like its a windshield bag or a tach in that location, not both.

yes that true about the bag . I don't have one of the bags . I really like the tach its easy to read . I had wondered how much further up one the wind shield I could mount it and not get in my way

yes that true about the bag . I don't have one of the bags . I really like the tach its easy to read . I had wondered how much further up one the wind shield I could mount it and not get in my way

All the bags i've seen mount to the windshield crossbar bolts. Its not really a moveable item unless there is another type.

Picture worth a thousand words.

Here is a pic of my FLSTC. Without the tach on the bars I have room for my 12 volt adapter and Garmin/Iphone mount.

Also when I glance at the speedo or tach on the tank I can see both at the same time.

Attachments

• HD Tach.jpg
    HD Tach.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 24
Back