free website stats program Synthetic Oils In New Motors | Harley Davidson Forums

Synthetic Oils In New Motors

glider.

BOT Machine
There's been much talk over this subject. Truth being that there are a lot of manufacturers that use synthetic oil right from the factory in new motors, some of which are listed below. There is no reason to wait for the 100/1000/5000 mile check to change to synthetic oils and your rings will seat fine with synthetic oil right from the beginning.

Some manufacturers are...
Aston Martin
Bentley Amage and Bentley GT
Cadillac CTS, XLR, SRX and STS
Chevrolet Corvette
Dodge Viper
Mercedes-Benz AMG vehicles
Mercedes SLR
Mitsubishi EVO
Pontiac GTO
All Porsche vehicles
Harley CVO (screamin eagle) bikes (syn3)
2007-2010 Ford Shelby GT500

Even though I am not a big fan of synthetics I do have 1 more car for the list that comes from the factory with a 100% Synthetic oil.
2007-2010 Ford Shelby GT500

I think reguardless of the oil used, you need to change it at 1000 miles. It's important to get the metal bits out of the motor during new motor break-in. After that I would agree that you can go to 5000 miles without any problems.

I agree with your thinking but I like to do the first change at 100 miles with a filter.

Definitely agree w/Mr. Data on this one. Did my initial oil change @ 120-miles & you could clearly see how dirty it was w/few miles. Of course my bike was still in early break-in, but glad to get the initial debris out & synthetic oil in the motor.

About to do an oil change and change from genuine dino to Mobil 1, is 1500 miles too early for full systhetic in a new motor?

I understand CVO's come out with syn3 but thats not a full synthetic.

About to do an oil change and change from genuine dino to Mobil 1, is 1500 miles too early for full systhetic in a new motor?

I understand CVO's come out with syn3 but thats not a full synthetic.

Not to early at all. I do the first at 100 miles with Mobil 1 VTwin.

Back