free website stats program Switching from stock to true dual headpipes | Harley Davidson Forums

Switching from stock to true dual headpipes

sanec1

OK, I'm being pro-active and installing the Pro cam conversion kit from Herko. Thanks to this site I've been made aware of the cam bearing issue with the 1999 Twin cam. I ordered the Andrews 21 cam upgrade and Harley B lifters as well. I've been told it can be difficult to wrestle the exhaust out of the way to accomplish this task. I have Thunderheader slip ons and was thinking it might be a good time to install Vance and Hines head pipes. The stock pipes have a crossover and the left exhaust is a lot less dark than the right. Any comments on how this can affect the engine?

Also John said the bike would need to be tuned after installing the cam. Any comments or modifications suggested? Thanks for any suggestions

I use true dual's on one of my bikes and like them. The motor is heavily modified so I have no problem with the way the pipes change where you make power. Depending on your engine configuration you will find that true dual's work to a lesser degree like open drags in that they move you max hp and torque production higher up the RPM range.

Back