free website stats program Switchback anyone? | Harley Davidson Forums

Switchback anyone?

ImaRider

Was gonna post this in the Dyna section but this model wasn't listed in the sub heading.

Went to the dealer today after lunch to buy some anti ethanol additive. On the way back to the parts buy I stopped to look the Switchback over. First time I had seen one of these and they look pretty nice. A cute little salesgirl in flip flops came over to talk to me about it. she had trouble answering a few of my questions so I moved onto the parts guy.
First thing is I like the lack of weight on this bike. I sat on it and raised it off the stand very easily. The bike has a 2:1 pipe and decent looking hard bags with windshield. Both the W/S and bags are quickly detachable.
I didn't want to get involved with negotiations so I didn't ask for a demo ride. Still wondering how they ride in caparison to a Fatboy? I might have to go back on a day I have more time and take the ride to see.

My nephew's wife bought one to ride with my nephew on her own bike. He rode a Road King at the time. It was a first bike for her (bad move) and she never got the hang of it. After dropping it a few times she just sold it and went back to riding with my nephew. It's a really nice looking lightweight touring/cruiser and the 103" motor on that frame is a powerhouse.

Dyna family, should be smooth compared to a Softail family

My neighbor has one and absolutely loves it. He actually sold his ultra and bought another super glide, put a fairing and stereo on his switchback & still has his Ducati Diavel. :) Never rode the ultra, and rides all the others all the time. He has more miles already this year than most people will get in 2 seasons around here. :D

I agree with the small bags post. They are a bit narrow but I could live with that. The casting covers look to be brushed aluminum not chromed, cutting cost I guess. A fairing on the front is a nice idea. If the weather ever clears up I might get in a demo ride. It might be easier to just wait for a demo day when they come.

Back