free website stats program Swingarm Transmission Alignment | Harley Davidson Forums

Swingarm Transmission Alignment

danthern

Hello Gents....2009 FLHRC that I removed the swingarm pivot shaft to rule out the source of a noise. Pivot shaft is fine but I let the tranny drop and the alignment is out. I've tried several combinations of strategically placed jacks and wood blocks but can't get it to line up. What's the best way to do this? Big time foul up, I know....live and learn. Thanks in advance

So you can not get your tranny to come up between the frame points so that you can reinsert the pivot shaft, right?

What did the tranny hit when it fell? Can you see anything bent like the pipes or the link at the top of the engine? Does that bike have a link at the front of the engine too?

Take some pix of the problem and post them.

Cheers,

TQ

So you can not get your tranny to come up between the frame points so that you can reinsert the pivot shaft, right?

What did the tranny hit when it fell? Can you see anything bent like the pipes or the link at the top of the engine? Does that bike have a link at the front of the engine too?

Take some pix of the problem and post them.

Cheers,

TQ

That's correct. It didn't really "fall" the rear of the tranny just dropped. It does have the front stabilizer link. Pic to follow

That's correct. It didn't really "fall" the rear of the tranny just dropped. It does have the front stabilizer link. Pic to follow

So does it fit up in the slot/frame but is just too far back for the holes to line up, or has it twisted a bit and will not fit up in the slot/frame?

Cheers,

TQ

I'd say it's twisted because when I attempt to raise the tranny, the frame moves with it...can't figure out how to post a pic, btw...

My 03 has a stabilizer on top between the jugs, I would think the newer frame has it also. Maybe something is bent there.

Good Luck

Back