free website stats program SuperGlide to a Heritage Softail Classic Question | Harley Davidson Forums

SuperGlide to a Heritage Softail Classic Question

DarinDan

I have been talking to our local dealer about a new Softail Classic. I have a 2009 SuperGlide FXDC. My wife has been riding with me over the last few months and we have been talking about comfort. I can either put money into the Dyna or move up to the Classic. I have tried the RoadKing. Beautiful ride but being that I am only 5'6" I did not want to have to lower the bike because of the additional cost and I felt more comfortable with the Heritage. We mostly take 150 mile trips or below but my plan is to start taking some longer rides a couple of times a year. I am looking at a basic solid color Heritage with security no wheel package. Have looked at MSRP which is 16,999. What do you think is a good deal? Dealer is telling me around 800 dollars for shipping and set-up. Documentation fees at 250 dollars. They beat the other local dealer on fees by about 600 dollars. We have not discussed the final price yet just numbers over the phone. Any problems or issues that I should consider as well. Was planning on taking a test ride this afternoon or tomorrow. Thanks for the help or suggestions.

Dealer is telling me around 800 dollars for shipping and set-up
He has to do better than that and maybe even throw in the setup. After all he's making the profit on the bike and why should you pay to set it up?

Freight is $330 as listed on the Harley site. MUCH too much for setup. These prices are negotiable from dealer to dealer so make them an offer around $17,300 or a bit less and get them to throw in some chrome for nothing too. It WILL work!

Even the documentation fees can be negotiated too.

That sounds like a good deal to me. In Lubbock the're about 1500 higher. Clovis prices are better than here. You will love the heritage.

I'm the same height and I had the seat sculpted, lowered, and gel inserts. I get a better feel from the bike. More like riding in it instead of on it. My wife didn't like the stock seat so I got her a gel pad that sits on top (removeable). I love the ride. Also added factory cruise $700, worth every penny.

Stated today that he would give between 9500 to 10K. Thought about posting it on craigslist to receive more in value and then make the deal afterwards. Only problem is I will not have a ride for awhile. I am probably looking at 11k after everything is said and done if I go with the trade.

I wouldn't add the set up and freight or the DMV to get your total price. I would offer 15,999 out the door and ask for either 10% on all parts or 25% break on extended warranty. Our dealers up in Oregon must be different than yours. I paid 16 out the door and I know I left money on the table, next time I will be more up to the task of making a good deal. Sell your bike privately and don't throw money away because you might not have a bike for a week or two. Just saying!

Back