free website stats program Super Reduced Reach Seat for 09 RKC Help?? | Harley Davidson Forums

Super Reduced Reach Seat for 09 RKC Help??

airforceacop

I just received my Super reach seat, and I am wondering how many people reinstalled the grab strap? and if you did how did you do it? I tried to reinstall the orginal grab strap and it was too short, so I tried to figure out how to use the longer one that came with the seat...but on the old strap one side uses a Philips screw head but the other side looks like a rivet....I can't figure out how to remove the rivet and reinstall. If I don't use the grab strap....I will put the bolts back in so my bags don't move but will the seat be secure enough just with the star screw in the back Sorry for lack of technical terms.

Donny

You can drill out the rivet. I would definitely put the longer strap on. If your seat screw ever comes loose and falls out, the grab strap will still hold your seat on.

You can drill out the rivet. I would definitely put the longer strap on. If your seat screw ever comes loose and falls out, the grab strap will still hold your seat on.

Thats a good idea....i 'ii just drill it out and replace it with a nut and bolt and loctite
Thanks ....seems so simple why couldn't i think of that! Lol
WAP.gif

Back