free website stats program Sturgis out of Dallas | Harley Davidson Forums

Sturgis out of Dallas

I'm thinking of riding out to Sturgis this year, but thus far have nobody to ride with. Anyone out of the Dallas area planning on riding the entire way and would like to have someone to tag along with? Given the distance I just figure it would be better to have at least 1 other rider with me in case something happens on the road. The only thing is that I really don't want to go the entire week. I would rather ride out on a Thursday or so with the intention of being there Saturday and Sunday and then riding back on Monday/Tuesday. At any rate, I'd like to hear from anyone else planning this trip and maybe I'll alter my plans slightly to ride along with you. Thanks.

Contact your nearest HOG Chapter and see what they have rigged up.

TQ

I wish! Membership application filled out, National Hog number assigned, local membership fee paid, 3 weeks later and I still cant get access to the forums. I was just complaining to my wife about that hold up. If they would let me in, I could do this very thing, but until they do I am relegated to alternative methods such as this.

Got the number for the local Chapter Prez? I would give that person a call and explain the dilemma.

TQ

I live west of Tulsa, we will be leaving Wednesday Aug 11 and returning Wedneday Aug 18th if you want to meet us on I-35

We are leaving on Sunday August 8th out of Oklahoma CIty.. get there monday August 9th..Staying monday, tuesday, wednesday night...leaving for home on thursday, be home friday. We will stay in Neb. on the way up and back. Four bikes currently in our group and one pickup (chase vehicle, gear/tent hauler). You are welcomed to ride with us. Our current group will be an Ultra, two Heritages, one 1200.

It's always nice to have riding partners, but don't ever let that stop you from going on a trip you really want to do. I rode to the 48 lower states and 6 Canadian provinces last summer by myself. Just load up and go if you want to do the trip.

You'll have a blast at Sturgis no matter how you get there, enjoy.

I'm thinking of riding out to Sturgis this year, but thus far have nobody to ride with. Anyone out of the Dallas area planning on riding the entire way and would like to have someone to tag along with? Given the distance I just figure it would be better to have at least 1 other rider with me in case something happens on the road. The only thing is that I really don't want to go the entire week. I would rather ride out on a Thursday or so with the intention of being there Saturday and Sunday and then riding back on Monday/Tuesday. At any rate, I'd like to hear from anyone else planning this trip and maybe I'll alter my plans slightly to ride along with you. Thanks.

There are a bunch of guys going out from the Frisco custom Cycle shop in frisco. I took a ride with them this weekend out to Muenster and Old Spanish Fort. Nice guys and I think about 5 - 8 people are riding together, 2-3 days up and the same back.

I agree with you, retiredjake. I did that in 2007 by myself Yellowstone, Sturgis and back and I am going again this summer, Arizon-New Mexico-Amarillo, Houston, TX and onto Sturgis and back to Long Beach, CA solo agian. will see on the road.

We will be 4 leaving Dallas on the 5th. Will be heading back on the 11th or so. More than welcome to join our group. Will be a Roadking Custom, Ultra Classic, and 2 Dyna streetbobs.........

Back