Street vs Touring

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by quiticokid, Jan 18, 2011.

1. quiticokid

quiticokid Member

What is the difference between an electraglide/street and an electraglide/touring.

2. Mad Dog Jim

Mad Dog Jim Banned

I think this phrasing means difference between Street Glide and Ultra or classic.
    If so a bunch... shaved windshield, lowered, no trunk, etc etc

3. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Have to agree with BDJ that the OP meant Street Glide vs. Ultra.

Basically the Ultra is set up for long distance touring right off the showroom floor. Comes with a tall windshield, lowers on the engine guards, comfy seat, tour pack, passenger floorboards, and more rear suspension travel. The Street Glide is more of a hybrid for in town cruising that is also capable of touring.

Style wise the Ultra has the extra spotlights, saddlebag guards, and chrome fender trim. The Street Glide targeted a leaner, meaner look and left off all of these items.

4. bogieb

bogieb Member

I would guess that someone took an Electra Glide and made it into the Street Glide style (know a reseller that does that sometimes).

If so, they have taken off the aux. lights, put on the short windscreen etc. But, it probably doesn't have the lowered shocks in back, and probably doesn't have the fairing mounted mirrors.

However, the other posters have valid points, so my take could be wrong.

5. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

Can the OP clarify a bit on the question??? Where's they go...

6. horizonchaser

horizonchaser Senior Member Contributor

OP? I'm guessing original poster, but I have no idea. I'm not to savvy with all of these newfangled abbreviations these days. :D

7. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Pretty good guess! :p