Street Slammer handlebars

Discussion in 'Other Service and Maintenance' started by Dswartz, Nov 10, 2010.

  1. Dswartz

    Dswartz Active Member

    The previous owner of my bike installed Street Slammer bars with integrated risers. Although I love the look of the bars they really arent very comfortable and I wish I could raise them up a little bit. The problem is a traditional set of risers will not work since the bars have integrated risers. I was wondering if there is a company out there that makes riser blocks which I could install underneath the risers to raise the bars. Does anyone make that? Any other ideas?
  2. SilverFoXD

    SilverFoXD Active Member Contributor

    I've heard of guys getting matching size sockets the mounting bolts will fit through, and using them between the risers and the triple tree. Being chrome they would look pretty good.

    While not recommending, you could cut the riser portion off and grind the remainder smooth. The new risers and handlebar clamp would cover your work and you would be keeping the bar you like, albeit in a new position due to the new riser. Would need to paint or otherwise seal the exposed steel to prevent rust.

    I think just buying new bars in the style you like, plus the risers and clamp, would be simpler and be a better job of it.

    Good luck,

  3. rancid

    rancid Active Member

    go to an engineering workshop and get spacers machined out of stainless and polish em, it looks ok and is pretty cheap
  4. Dswartz

    Dswartz Active Member

    I really like the idea of using a socket thats a great idea. It's cheap and if I don't like it it's simple to remove. If that doesn't work though the machine shop will be the next option. I'm just not sure of where a machine shop would be in my area. Thanks for the great feedback