free website stats program Street Glide 103 Upgrades | Harley Davidson Forums

Street Glide 103 Upgrades

BDC 21

Getting ready to add SE 255 cams to my 2011 Street Glide with the Power Pak 103 option. Also going to upgrade the air cleaner, add a tuner and pipes at the same time. Thinking of going with the Heavy Breather mainly because of the additional knee room. The exhaust is item that I’m undecided on right know. I really like the looks of the dual mufflers but understand best performance will come from the 2 into 1 system. Bike currently has stock pipes with SE Fatshotz. Sound is OK when you open it up but a little on the quite side otherwise. One rep at the dealer says leave the stock pipes with Fatshots and the other recommended Bassani Road Rage. Since I’m not satisfied with the sound as it is I know I’ll probably change them out at some point so I figure might as well do it now and only pay for the tuning one time.

Looking to get good overall performance out of the 103, not burn the tires off it or run wide open.

Anyone running a Street Glide with the Heavy Breather had any problems or second thoughts on the set up? Any Bassani Road Rage users that can comment on this system?

I have the Heavy Breather on my 09 SG and love it. I think it is one of the best looking breathers on the market. No issues with it at all. The filter is easy to take off for cleaning. I ride without the rain sock but keep it in my bag in case the weather changes. If you are going to buy this breather you should also purchase the Kuryakyn chrome servo motor cover part #8657. It is a lot nicer than the black servo motor cover that comes with the Heavy Breather. Have a look at mine.

Attachments

• P8260021.jpg
    P8260021.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 74
  • P8260025.jpg
    P8260025.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 75
BDC, the reason your not happy with the sound now is the cat in your headpipe. Remove that and the pipes will get louder and flow better.

I run a heavy breather and rode in one the hardest rains we've had in a while and no problem with the breather, I run Vance and Hines Big Radius pipes on mine.

I respectfully disagree with the 2 into 1 exhaust is the way to go. I have Bub7 true duals on my 08 SG. It has the 103 with BigBoyz street ported heads, SERT tuned and Andrews 54H cams. 96HP and 120TQ (100TQ at 1500rpms). I agonized over these cams as I read they didn't make power until 2500 or more RPM, with true duals. I put them in anyway and I could not be happier. Having said that I'm sure there are better cams but how much difference is there between cams anyway. Not much is my guess. The 54H's are drop in and bone stock quiet. You may want to research them.
Gary

Back