free website stats program Street Bob rigid mount bars | Harley Davidson Forums

Street Bob rigid mount bars

Hey Guys

My friend Kev was telling me he loved his Street Bob but his only criticism was the bars have no rubber mounts and you do get vibes in the bars. I haven't even thrown a leg over it yet but what do you think?

Hey Guys

My friend Kev was telling me he loved his Street Bob but his only criticism was the bars have no rubber mounts and you do get vibes in the bars. I haven't even thrown a leg over it yet but what do you think?

You will get used to them quick, they dont vibrate that much:s

Thanks bud. I am hoping it had a little character. I miss it when I think of my carb'ed rubber mount Sportster that used to hustle and shake like an excited dog waiting to go for a walk whilst it was warming up. :laugh

Hey Guys

I love my Street Bob. I have to say though, I havent noticed any vibration once I start moving. Sitting at an idle it there for sure, but once the RPM's come up a little it smoothes out.

I echo everything said. Only time I notice it is when I am sitting in neutral at a light with my hands down off the bars. Else it is really minimal and even better when you are cruising.

I'm a little confused, why would bars (assuming it's a riser/bar combo) come without the neophrene washers ? What advantage is there to this ? Isn't the OEM triple tree designed for washer use ?

If you look at the riser mounts on a Fat Bob, you will see they are mounted on bushings unlike the SB.

Still haven't got my bike. I am being told that the computer went down on Friday, and at present, no HD Motorcycles can be registered new with Driver Vehicle License Agency (DVLA). :34:

If it dont vibrate, you better check the title, it aint no Harley, LOL, any way, the newer Bobs have the risers built in unlike the 07 and older models, that said changing risers bushings and handle bars will be more of a chore IMO

[ If you look at the riser mounts on a Fat Bob, you will see they are mounted on bushings unlike the SB ]

[ any way, the newer Bobs have the risers built in unlike the 07 and older models, that said changing risers bushings and handle bars will be more of a chore ]

I have a 2007 Street Bob and it has bushings, even shows them in the 2007 manual. So then the older models did not have this, it was just a solid mount at the tree ? ( I surmise the tree was designed different maybe also )

My bars still vibrate but it is a dampened vibration, they still move though at an idle.

Back