free website stats program Stock Exhaust | Harley Davidson Forums

Stock Exhaust

tlyoungb

Is there a difference in the stock pipes on a 2005 Electra Glide Standard from what is on a 2006 Electra Glide Classic

My stock pipe are getting a little pitted and A friend of mine has a set of Stock slip on mufflers of his 2006 EG Classic. I would like to use them, but are the 2006 pipes Cat type or not. I know they will fit with no problem, but on his pipes it has the word CAT. So can I still use them or will it effect the way the bike runs. I have a Stage 1, and a cobra EF2000 fuel management system.

The Harley Dealer said that it would not have any effect because the CAT was all in the header pipe and not the Mufflers.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Like Steve07 indicated - you should be good to go w/the pipes. Never heard of HD pipes stamped w/CAT - are they stock for sure???

Like Steve07 indicated - you should be good to go w/the pipes. Never heard of HD pipes stamped w/CAT - are they stock for sure???

Hi Iceman24, Yea they are stock pipes. Seems that the right side pipe is heaver that the left side. It is stamps Catalytic.

Perhaps the "CAT" stamp is just to indicate that they can handle a little higher heat range before turning "gold" and yes there is a difference in weight from left to right since the right pipe would handle the whole exhaust load if it didn't have more baffling in it to balance the exhaust discharge between the two sides.

Back