free website stats program STEVE07, Nakkers, Kemo at Port Dover | Harley Davidson Forums

STEVE07, Nakkers, Kemo at Port Dover

sanec1

I had met Kemo previously at his house. He offered to lend me the tools for a cam and bearing replacement. After meeting and talking bikes he invited me back to do the work in his shop. Couldn't have done it on my own. I brought some liquid refreshments, steaks and potatoes. We stopped working on the bike after dinner. I spent the night and we finished it up in the morning after breakfast and coffee. Ken followed me home most of the way to make sure everything was running well. Thanks again Ken and Tina for the hospitality and mechanical assistance. Very much appreciated!

Ken suggested I ride to Dover with STEVE007 (Mike Meyers evil twin brother...lol). I met him and his tight-knit family at his home. It was a beautiful day for a ride and I ended up with a very charming passenger. Literally thousands of amazing machines. Some are true works of art. We met up briefly with Kemo, Tina and Nakkers at the Norfolk Tavern. Ken had visitors from the States so he couldn't stay. We ended up back at Steves trailer in Turkey Point. I left shortly afterwards. My race with the rain was lost on the way home. Changed into raingear under a bridge and carried on, smiling...

Hey Chris it was great to see you again. Drop on over anytime. Seems too me that we all are pretty tight knit family.
Ken

Thanks for sharing sanec1, sounds like a great time installing the cam. Kemo seems like a very nice feller.

Thanks for sharing sanec1, sounds like a great time installing the cam. Kemo seems like a very nice feller.

He is and he will be back here in Florida this winter and we can meet in the Ocala Forest:s

He is and he will be back here in Florida this winter and we can meet in the Ocala Forest:s

Sounds good, that Lake Weir area is only about 20 mins north of Leesburg. Maybe a 2 hr ride one way for me, I figure that since I rode up bout 2/3s that way north and then over west to Floral City the other day in 1-1/2 hrs.

Sounds good, that Lake Weir area is only about 20 mins north of Leesburg. Maybe a 2 hr ride one way for me, I figure that since I rode up bout 2/3s that way north and then over west to Floral City the other day in 1-1/2 hrs.

Steve 07 will be here this winter too another great guy:s

Nice to see Sanec, Steve and his family. Great folks.

Sorry we didn't stay long at the Norfolk. Looks like everyone was already having a good time before we arrived. :D

Kemo posted up in another thread, he had a shirt on with a red woodpecker. It's actually a rooster!!!!! Foghorn Leghorn as a matter of fact. :s

Steve,

We'll definitely meet up for a Tuesday evening at the Blue Moon. I may have to change my ride from a bike to a jetski but, it will happen. :)

Me and family will be down in Florida in October. A little bit of Disney for the kids and a little bit of Daytona for Dad. If things work out, we might make a second trip for the beginning of 2012. (Feb or Mar) Maybe see my snowbird friends and meet some other HDTimeline members from the Florida chapter.

Cheers!!!!

I had a good time meeting you and sharing the ride as well Chris.
Kemo and Nakkers come to the Blue Moon some tuesdays for bike night,why don't we all get together one tues. night? You can meet a few of the friends that wont go to Dover because of the crowds.

Jack I will be in Florida next winter for a bit,but I am still thinking of riding down for the Pepsi 400,so you may see me in a little over a month from now.

The Blue Moon sounds like a plan. Thanks for the invitation. I'm always up for meeting fellow riders. Dover is great for looking at bikes although I'm not big on large crowds either. Royal Distributing on Woodlawn Rd. in Guelph has a bike night that is probably more commercial in nature. Never been there other than to pick up a helmet, TFI and other odds and ends. I understand they have a dyno there on occasion. Might be worth checking out too.

Ken, I'm off the last two weeks in June for a work holiday. I'm renovating the basement of the house I bought last June. Made a promise to myself to find some balance and mix working with some riding. Hope to see you then. After all the rain we've been having we are due for some sunshine!

Back