free website stats program Stepping up with a Stage 1 | Harley Davidson Forums

Stepping up with a Stage 1

RJI11LTD

Since I got my new 2011 limited this spring, I have been reading all the post here and doing as much research as I can. After a 700 mile ride last week and frying my right leg I have decided to do the upgrade asap. Was wondering if my plan will be a good choice for the upgrade. I have a used 2010 head pipe that I am cutting out the cat, so I can keep my original pipe. Planning on the 4" jackpots. As far as tuners, my choices was between PCV or TFI, I think the TFI would do all I need since I have no plans for any more engine mods. Just want a cooler and little better running motor. Price is not a big decision factor for me but TFI is cheaper, and don't want any dyno tuning. Of course will go with a SE or similar air cleaner.
Was interested in any opinions or mistakes I may be making on this set up.

Thanks glider.. I had a good idea as to what you would think after seeing you past posts. Now I will start making calls and getting stuff on order.

I did the stage 1 with jackpot dynotuned slip ons, the PCV, and the Screaming Eagle air cleaner. I might have done the 4" jackpots if they had them when I purchased. I like the performance of the dynotuned exhaust but they are still a little quiet for my taste. If I toured more the quietness would be fine but I don't. The PCV is a little more expensive than the TFI but you get a setup that can do more. I thought I would stop at just the stage 1 but my mind sometimes wanders and I end up thinking about the 103" and cams.

Here is what I went with on my 2010 Limited:

D&D 2 into 1 With quiet baffle. (Earplugs on long trips)
Ghost pipe on the left
Air cleaner
Thundermax tuner

Sounds great, no heat issues, couldn't be happier!

Hello.

Just done my (our) 2010 FLHTK.

Vance and Hines double slash ovals.
SE Aircleaner kit.
Dubeck TFI. Electronic jet pack.

All is good. Thanks to Glider saved a bit of money on the Dubeck deal.

The TFI comes ready set, but can be fine tuned (just needs a bit of practice on getting the lights to do what you want them to).

John T.

I would consider the Dobeck EJK (Gen3). It's load-based algorithms are upgraded from those in their TFI. The LED operation is cool as well.

Enjoy,
Rich P

RJI11LTD; for the 4" pipes - make sure you're OK w/the increased volume...depending on baffle. These will be a huge difference over stock so louder pipes wear on you over longer trips + can make it hard to hear passenger/tunes.

Also, ask Dobeck which tuner will work best for your upgrades (TFI vs. GENX) - both are great adds, but function differently. They're a great bunch of guys/gals to work with & won't sell you more than needed. Good luck!

Back