free website stats program steering head bearing clunk | Harley Davidson Forums

steering head bearing clunk

Eddy1

Bought 2000 deuce from local dealer 2 months ago. Apply front break or hit bumps get loud clunk from steering head bearings. Took it to dealer twice told me it was in specs. Is this normal is there a fix? Bike has 12500 miles. Also had oil changed & they said they did 10000 mile service. They used hd syn & charged $376 a little high i think. Thanx all. ll

Bought 2000 deuce from local dealer 2 months ago. Apply front break or hit bumps get loud clunk from steering head bearings. Took it to dealer twice told me it was in specs. Is this normal is there a fix? Bike has 12500 miles. Also had oil changed & they said they did 10000 mile service. They used hd syn & charged $376 a little high i think. Thanx all. ll

Had the same problem with my 08 Heritage, took it twice to the dealer, didn't resolve the problem. I over torque it and i put 9000 miles since and no more clunk.

Did you just tighten the nut above the triple tree. or did you tighten the nut under the triple tree?. Have shop manual but thats really confusing. Thankx for reply.

Back