Starting poblem

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by 05rcc, Nov 8, 2009.

1. 05rcc

05rcc New Member

Disconnected the battery to hook up heated gloves on my 05 Road King
    had a loose negitive terminal, secured it. Went to start, got the fuel pump
    initialized, got lights, accessories work, no nothing when I hit the start button
    turned the engine switch on, messin with the key fob ?

2. ultrat

ultrat Senior Member Contributor

I got a cover on my selinoid its a button push in angages starter this bipases button & relay ..is relay clicking & check all grounds & little wire to starter corision...

3. Drumrguy

Drumrguy Account Removed

Those push buttons are a life saver. I f yo got nothing happening I would make sure the wire that goes from the battery to the starter is on and the wire from the start button shows 12 volts when you hit the start button, start simple, it worked before right, so maybe something mistakenly did not get hooked back up. Good luck.

4. glider

glider Veteran Member

Recheck the battery connections. Loosen them and move/clean them and try again. A bad connection will give you other things but no cranking.

Always remove the neg first and install last.

5. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

Glider did hit on the point, if bad connection, one would have expected "weak" response, not a no response, so simple check as Drumguy said should put a handle on things...don't forget fundamentals...fuses and that loose terminal did not happen to be on the starter, as if you overtighten it the internal wiring could spin around and have grounded out AND blown a fuse...

6. maine-e-axe

maine-e-axe Junior Member

I think theres 2 ground wires, check to see if you got both of them on the neg post, might have droped down beside the battery. Good luck:cheers

7. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Keep it simple loose wires equals voltage drop re check connections and check cranking volts at starter should have battery voltage at starter before u hit the start button