free website stats program Starter | Harley Davidson Forums

Starter

KENNY99

Is there a trick to getting the little snap ring off of a 2007 street bob starter drive, hav a bad starter and can't get the ring off, any one know a trick

Is there a trick to getting the little snap ring off of a 2007 street bob starter drive, hav a bad starter and can't get the ring off, any one know a trick

MAYBE GLIDER,,,, He Knows all the TRICKS, Just ask him... He may show up soon or Chopper is another one.... Both TRICKY little:devil
seriously, they will come along, soon hopefully..

There are others but i didn't want to fill up this thread with names....Many Names..:D

signed....BUBBIE

Well nobody here so,,, I usually go at it with a small knife and screwdriver Making sure I use a New Snap, Lock Ring when I go back together..

Careful :small3d031:

signed....BUBBIE

Last edited by a moderator:

Pretty unusual but does happen, if you are careful and dont stab your self you can remove it with a small screw driver tho I would use snap ring pliars Google pay attention to how the snap ring was installed and use a new one, some snap rings are meant to go on one way you can feel a bevel on the inside of the snap ring with your finger

If you don't have snap ring pliers, a pointed awl will get you there , just be careful not to poke yourself.

Back