Starter

Discussion in 'Dyna Models' started by KENNY99, Mar 20, 2011.

1. KENNY99

KENNY99 New Member

Is there a trick to getting the little snap ring off of a 2007 street bob starter drive, hav a bad starter and can't get the ring off, any one know a trick

2. BUBBIE

BUBBIE Well-Known Member

MAYBE GLIDER,,,, He Knows all the TRICKS, Just ask him... He may show up soon or Chopper is another one.... Both TRICKY little:devil
    seriously, they will come along, soon hopefully..

There are others but i didn't want to fill up this thread with names....Many Names..:D

signed....BUBBIE

Well nobody here so,,, I usually go at it with a small knife and screwdriver Making sure I use a New Snap, Lock Ring when I go back together..

Careful :small3d031:

signed....BUBBIE

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2011
  3. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Pretty unusual but does happen, if you are careful and dont stab your self you can remove it with a small screw driver tho I would use snap ring pliars Google pay attention to how the snap ring was installed and use a new one, some snap rings are meant to go on one way you can feel a bevel on the inside of the snap ring with your finger

4. KENNY99

KENNY99 New Member

Ok thanks wish they would have just left the bolt in these newer bikes i would have been done by now

5. glider

glider Veteran Member

If you don't have snap ring pliers, a pointed awl will get you there , just be careful not to poke yourself.

6. KENNY99

KENNY99 New Member

It's a wire ring on that shaft, can't get hold of it with snap ring pliers

7. glider

glider Veteran Member

Pointed awl under the end and lift it out.

8. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Spiral snap ring be careful they are sharp and do not reuse it it will lose its tension

9. KENNY99

KENNY99 New Member

Ok i'll keep working at it, they should have just keep the bolt change is not allways good