free website stats program stage one air filter | Harley Davidson Forums

stage one air filter

jude

Contributor
hi,today i took out my air filter to clean,when i bought the bike the seller told me it had a stage one up grade,the bike is a 2006 streetglide and for some reason the air filter looks standard, by this i mean nothing about stage one or after market wrote on it,what is on it follows

for hd twin cam covers only
dry type element
do not oil
29442-990 660083

can anyone tell me if this is stanard or after market,there is also a small harley symbol on the top of this filter,once again thanks for any help;
ps if someone could recommend a good air filter if this is not ,would be great

Not to high jack this but if I install a K&N air filter do I need to retune again? I have the stage one dry air filter now.
Thanks

67Wiz...if you change only the air cleaner OR only reworked exhaust w/ matching mufflers/minus the cats, the stock ECM/EFI tune will be able to compensate A/F mixture no problem.

But then that $60 is a lot to do just pay for an A/C element, when stock is also cleanable and flows pretty descent already. Most would opt for both A/C AND Exhaust mods to extract the most a full Stage I offers. JMO...

Last edited:
Cleanable with just water Glider or can the same spray cleaner used for a K&N be used?

Use the K&N cleaner. Spray it on inside and out, let sit for 5 minutes then rinse with cold water from the inside out. Let it dry overnight. Do not use compressed air. I had the same filter in my Stage 1 and used it for one season. I switched to K&N this year because thats what I have always used.

Back