free website stats program stage 1 upgrades | Harley Davidson Forums

stage 1 upgrades

ashenfang

Hey guys. New to harley, and the "stage" upgrades. Currently my bike (2008 883) is stock except for rush 2.0 slip on's. Dealer (as well as everyone else) says that no re-map is required for just the slip on's. In the spring though, I would like to get the SE intake, which would then require the stage 1 download. So my question is, is the stage 1 download the same thing as the ECM remap? part of it? Others are suggesting going with the XiED O2 sensor plug ins to richen the fuel mixture.....but getting conflicting info on whether those work with stock bikes, or with stage 1 and later......oh so confusing..

thanks hobbit, you always seem to be the first to reply LOL. So let me ask this....I know all the HD upgrades are still "lean" options, so basically, sticking with the HD options will result in a shorter life span bike vs. an aftermarket option? What are you opinions on the 02 sensor plug ins? Lots of people swear by them.

Here is a link for them 2007 HD LC1 Wide Band O2 Upgrade

I have looked at the aftermarket tuners, but they are pricey and seem to have a high learning curve if you have no understanding of EFI maps.

So the "stage 1" download adjusts the fuel map as well then, so if you stuck with the stock air filter after this update you would be running "about right" then?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hobbit, very good information. It sounds like the V&H fuel pack is the way to go for the EFI noobs. In what way though is the fuel pack differ from the dealer downloads?

Like I said, right now, I just have the slip on's, and in the spring getting the SE. Would it be wise to go ahead and have the stage 1 remap done at the dealer, then get the fuel pack? I guess the main question is, do all these aftermarket fuel products like the V&H, O2 mods, ect, rely on the bike having its stage 1 download done first. Sorry for all the questions, learning lots :)

I just spent the last few minutes reading up on the fuel pak. It seems to be a nice product and runs about 100 bucks more than the stage one download through the dealer. It also looks to be be "better" in the sense people say the fuel pak is better than the dealer downloads.

I just checked my combo in their map finder - they don't have the Rush pipes listed. Will this be a problem?

Back