free website stats program Stage 1 for XL883 | Harley Davidson Forums

Stage 1 for XL883

cedarbrook63

To any of you riders of an 883 Sporty out there: I keep reading about the little H-D being too underpowered, or as one member beautifully put it - having "half an engine!":D:D (admittedly he's a big guy!).
What's your take on the performance of the 883 as she comes stock? And if you've altered her, say Stage 1 or even just different pipes, does it make a sweet sweet difference to how your Sporty performs?:eam

Ta Hobbit. Bought in this green and pleasant land as the bard said. Got plans for the pipes tho' :D and will do the rest probably spring/summer.

Hobbits right. I did the SE slip ons, SE stage 1 filter, and SE pro race tuner, it really woke my 883 up and it sounds better and runs cooler:p

I have put on a set of V&H straight-shot slip-ons, and SE stage 1 filter, along with rejet. Guess I don't know enough about whether I feel any more horse power, but it is loud. So far getting about 10 mpg less than stock.

I have put on a set of V&H straight-shot slip-ons, and SE stage 1 filter, along with rejet. Guess I don't know enough about whether I feel any more horse power, but it is loud. So far getting about 10 mpg less than stock.
Do you not think you're getting more poke out of it for your increased gas consumption? The other more experienced guys than me on this topic seem to think it wakes 'er up nicely. :)

i did a stage 1 on the wifes sporty after she had been riding it about a year
she was very happy with the power diference
but that was a much older bike a 94 883 but the performance was much better
was thinking about doing a 1200 upgrade on my sportster but cant seem to get her dyna out of the workshop a previous owner must have been a butcher or something but hopefully soon ill get it out of my way

Brian

Since the gas tank on a Sporty wouldn't exactly get you from one end of the country to the other (ok, ok, aside from the Vatican, Andorra, Liechenstein or Luxembourg), is the higher fuel consumption from the greater poke of Stage 1 a problem with the limited tank size? :eam :)

You're up late Hobbit! Roads defrosted enough for you? They weren't too back down our way today once the sun got to work. Glad we don't get North American winters :D

Do you not think you're getting more poke out of it for your increased gas consumption? The other more experienced guys than me on this topic seem to think it wakes 'er up nicely. :)

I havent had a chance to take it in the countryside to see the true highway mpg. the 10mph less is commuting loss, maybe not quite 10, maybe 8, as it show might show, I don't really think about it, just put gas in it and go, so its a hazy recollection of the mpg. I'm still very happy about the changes.

...my only worries, is that I still did something wrong, because I rejetted my own carb for the first time.

I havent had a chance to take it in the countryside to see the true highway mpg. the 10mph less is commuting loss, maybe not quite 10, maybe 8, as it show might show, I don't really think about it, just put gas in it and go, so its a hazy recollection of the mpg. I'm still very happy about the changes.

...my only worries, is that I still did something wrong, because I rejetted my own carb for the first time.

What jet sizes did you use and anything other than the jetting done to the carb?

Back