Squeal after tire change

Discussion in 'Softail Models' started by tcharles, Aug 5, 2010.

1. tcharles

tcharles New Member

I had my rear tire replaced on my 2007 softail standard at the local harley shop. when I left I had a squeal coming from the back of my bike,when I put a little pressure on the rear brake pedal the noise stops. I took it back to the dealer and he said alot of bikes do that not to worry. Any suggestions?

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

Belt adjustment can cause some noises after the wheel has been removed and replaced. Let them check it out because regardless of what they say, It shouldn't be making any noises.

3. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

Your fortunate, a friend of mine had the rear tire changed and heading back home the bearings froze to the rear axel. Service tech had left out the spacer when he put the new bearings in. Bike got pretty squirrley before he got it stopped. Dealer had to spring for a new rear wheel, and a loner bike. They should not make noise!!!

4. 59Panhead

59Panhead Member

They didnt adjust your belt right....either to tight or miss alligned or Both!

5. fisherman124

fisherman124 Active Member

give it a couple of miles could be dirt did not burn off rotor doesnt stop take it back

6. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Of course they always say that, take it back and let them fix it right it wasnt noisey before Right?